DIGICEL Mango Bowl Regatta
November 25th – 27th, 2017
At the sound of the horn, 25-30 local and regional yachts will be off as the 5th annual Mango Bowl Regatta begins! This year marks the renaming of the regatta to DIGICEL Mango Bowl Regatta, on account of the event’s gold sponsor, Digicel. Other sponsors for the event include:
- Dive Saint Lucia, who provide a boat for VIP’s to see the races and have sponsored the regatta for the last 3 years as silver sponsors
- IGY Rodney Bay Marina, who have been part of Mango Bowl since its inception as bronze sponsors
- Lucia Distillers, sponsoring for the first time also as bronze sponsors.
The regatta will take place in Rodney Bay, where spectators can enjoy the race from the beach or on one of the boats provided. There are 6 classes in which boats may register:
- Racing: (spinnaker) CSA Certificate
- Cruising 1: (non-spinnaker, upwind sails only) CSA Certificate
- Cruising 2: (non-spinnaker, upwind sails only) CSA Simplified Rating Rule (Intended for live aboard and/or boats without a CSA Measurement Certificate)
- J24: (One Design Class, spinnaker)
- Surprise: (One Design Class, spinnaker)
- Melges: (One Design Class, spinnaker)
Racing will commence on the Saturday morning and end on Sunday afternoon. A post-race party will be held on Saturday evening at the Boardwalk at the IGY Rodney Bay Marina, with entertainment from local band, Skip Monday. The final prize giving ceremony will be held on Sunday afternoon at 4:00 p.m.
The DIGICEL Mango Bowl Regatta has proven itself to be a regatta of high quality, providing spectators and racers with excitement, joy and a healthy dose of competitiveness.
For more information on this year’s DIGICEL Mango Bowl, visit www.stluciayachtclub.com